WargameFans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for all things RPG and Wargaming!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
myrnnyx

To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Empty
PostSubject: To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P   To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:53 pm

Ok, normally, I don't do numbers or decals. I only did on this piece because I was considering it as a submission piece to CamoSpecs.

I'm not submitting it because, after looking closely, I think the white came out too thick.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thrown Pottery?

To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Hunchback4p
Back to top Go down
Merc
Admin
Merc

PostSubject: Re: To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P   To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 am

I like it! White is very difficult to paint well, and this is very nice! I don't think it is on too thick at all, but given my own CSO rejection I can tell you that they will tear you down for not having more panel line detail, although it looks great, and then they will still post crap that is nowehre near the quality of your work. If you want a gallery to post your work...the main reason we started WGF was the continued rejection from CSO so that we could have a place for anybody to post..let me know I will get one set up for you. No charge, no space limits, all you need to do is get me the pics. If you want more details let me know and we'll take care of you. WGF was born out of the need for non-elitist galleries and forums for all who want to show their work off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wargamefans.net
Mastergunz

PostSubject: Re: To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P   To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:22 am

First, props on the white. I myself hate painting white so you have that going for you. On the downside, it's a WOB mech,....shame on you.... Wink , but then again you did do a great mod for one of my fav variants of that mech so I guess I can let the toaster worshipping slide. Nice work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RacerX

PostSubject: Re: To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P   To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Nice paint job. Though I can't help but think some detail or color was lost with by the camera. I have that problem myself. I really like your cockpit. Top notch!

I don't hang out at CSO so I'm not sure on what points they would wear you down. Personally, I paint for my own enjoyment and don't really give a hoot about the "offical" paint schemes. At the end of the day it's my figure and no one elses. I have noticed, however, how everyone seems to be hung up on the worn panelling look of thier mechs. It looks like but I think its a bit overdone.

What I really want to learn if jeweling. Anyone have a video or picture guide that demonstrates cockpit jeweling?
Back to top Go down
myrnnyx

PostSubject: Re: To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P   To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Here's the article that helped me with jeweling:
http://camospecs.com/Article.asp?FictionID=19
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P   To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To start the ball rolling - Hunchback 4P
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WargameFans :: Wargaming :: CBT-
Jump to: